Teaching in the UK

Supporting your journey to teach in the UK

  • Ethos Education help Australian trained teachers find permanent & contract roles (maternity leave) in England
  • Offices in Melbourne and London
  • 100+ client schools in London & the South East
  • Free teaching resume review
  • Free interview tips
  • Free relocation advice to help you with your move

Visas to live and teach in the UK

  • Youth Mobility Visa
  • Ancestry Visa
  • Dual passport holder
  • Skilled Worker Visa
  • Research – which visa you are eligible for & the cost

The Elephants Hill in Camden London

How can you teach in the UK?

  • To teach in the UK you will hold one of the following from either a UK, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand tertiary institute and be able to provide a minimum of two teaching based references (practicum refs included):
  • A Bachelor of Education/Teaching
  • A Masters of Education/Teaching
  • A Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Education or Teaching (PGCE)
  • If you are fully accredited/registered in Australia or New Zealand you should apply online for Qualified teacher Status (QTS) via mutual recognition. https://teacherservices.education.gov.uk/MutualRecognition
  • You do not need to have QTS to teach in the UK initially, instead you’ll be coded as an Overseas Trained Teacher (OTT) but you can only teach in the UK for 4 years without QTS


Greenwich Park

Finding a place to live in England

  • Accommodation is plentiful & readily available
  • Book AirBnB or similar upon arrival
  • View properties in person
  • Consider route to school, budget per month, are bills included
  • A great website for research www.spareroom.co.uk

Interested in teaching in the UK?

Contact gemma.yates@ethos-education in our Melbourne, Australia office.

London Eye on Bright Sunny Day

0203 621 6321